School Uniform Information
School Uniform and Equipment
School uniform plays a valuable role in contributing to the ethos of a school and setting an appropriate tone. It can:
- Instil pride
- Support positive behaviour and discipline
- Encourage identity with the school ethos
- Ensure pupils of all races and backgrounds feel welcome
- Protect children from social pressures to dress in a particular way
- Promote good relations between different groups of students
Above all, we believe that a smart school uniform supports effective teaching and learning.
- Maroon school blazer with school badge
- Black tailored trousers
- Black shoes
- Dark coloured or white socks
- White rever collar blouse and year flash
- Black V neck jumper embroidered with school logo
- A weatherproof topcoat may be worn over the blazer
Please note blazers are to be worn around the school site at all times; boys are to have shirts tucked into trousers and ties to be worn at an appropriate length and to the collar, buttons are to be done up for all students.
- Any top other than a plain white t-shirt or vest, worn under the shirt or blouse
- Hoodies or alternative jumpers
- Jeans and casual style trousers (these include any trousers with visible studs, labels, zips, non-black stitching or metal buttons, or any trousers made of stretch, linen, denim or ‘chino’ material)
- Any jacket (eg. denim and leather/faux leather jackets, sleeveless coats) other than a weatherproof topcoat worn over the blazer
- Trainers, boots, or backless or toeless footwear
- Baseball caps
- Scarves and hats (except in cold weather, or 360 degree brim sun hats, at the discretion of the Headteacher)
- Fashion Belts
- Jewellery (other than discreet studs in a piercing*)
- Hair accessories (other than discreet hair bands)
- Extremes of hair style or make-up (note that hair must be of a natural colour)
- Nail varnish and nail extensions
*Please note that all jewellery, including piercings and body modifications, must be removed for PE. Failure to do so for any reason will be treated as defiance. Thus any new piercing should be done at the beginning of the summer holiday, and be removable by the beginning of the autumn term.
All students are expected to arrive at school dressed in full school uniform. Any student not in uniform will be offered second hand clothing/footwear to wear through that day, if available. Alternatively, parents will be asked to bring in correct attire, or to collect their child in order for the student to return correctly dressed.
In interpreting the application of this policy, the Headteacher is the final arbiter.
All uniform is available from the Schoolwear Shop, Abington Square, Northampton. A full price list and stock list can be seen by clicking here.
The school office sells ties, flashes, blazer badges and aprons. All these items are available from the Schoolwear Shop who stock a wider range of sizes.
All students are expected to have the following equipment with them each day:
- Black or blue pen
- Green pen